The era of being rejected by publishing agents or publishers is quite over now. Writers and authors can now take advantage of platforms like Amazon KDP, Draft2Digital, Smashwords, and many others to create a successful self-publishing career.
The Power of Self-publishingDo yo know that it is a real great freedom and power to be an independent (indie) or self-published author? This is because you are not just the author but also the publisher and marketer of your book. Your book even enjoys some good form of promotion from the distributor through the tools you have access to in your account dashboard (free days, coupon codes, count down deal e.t.c) to make your books visible, discoverable, and desirable to readers worldwide.
Why You should Self-publishAre you a good writer or author, having a great book but no access to traditional publishers? Look no further because going indie is your best bet and means to actualize your dream. In fact, once you successfully build your brand, agents and traditional publishers will come to you and you become the king that way.
Some of the basic things you have to know and do to be successful as an indie author are stated below:
Self-publishing Success Tips and Guides
- Write a good book with a well defined genre in mind.
- Properly edit the manuscript and you can outsource this to a professional editor.
- Make use of beta readers to get feedback.
- Perform the final editing.
- Format the manuscript as an eBook and you can also outsource this to a good formatter.
- You can also format it as a print book if you will be offering paperbacks.
- Design the Cover for the book and you can outsource this to a professional graphic designer.
- You should already start marketing it to build up buzz for the book through word of mouth, social media, and online forums.
- Create account with the distribution platform of your choice (kindle Direct Publishing, Draft2Digital, or Smashwords).
- You can also create author platforms like Facebook author page, Blog, Twitter account, or website to promote your brand.
- You can now login to your publisher account which you created earlier and follow through the process to publish your book.
- You should order a copy once it is live so that you will see what you are offering to readers. Buying a copy of your book once is allowed and it also gives the book a paid status early.
- Go to all the available platforms and announce that the book is live. Also tell your friends and family to help create word of mouth buzz.
- You can now monitor the performance of your newly published book through the "Report" tab in your account.
- You should also continue to promote it but wait until toward the end of the first month before doing any paid promotion.
Congratulations, you are now a published author! But remember that you will need to be consistent, patient, and hardworking to be able to profit from self-publishing.
You May also Like
AMAZON KINDLE DIRECT
PUBLISHING COMPLETE GUIDE
The era of being rejected by publishing agents or publishers is quite over now. This is because you can now independently publish your book as an eBook or print book Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing platform the leader in the publishing world.
With this book, you will quickly learn and acquire the basic skills to ensure you actualize your publishing dream as soon as possible. These are what you will learn:
- Account Opening
- Differences between KDP account name and pen name
- How to resolve major errors in Microsoft word formatted eBook
- Kindle direct publishing promotion tools
- Cover Design Tips
- Publishing, Promotion/Marketing.
- Get US Payoneer Bank Account to Receive Your Royalties.
You can get further information and tips from the resources given below: